- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Ayatana Indicators Shared Library
The Ayatana Indicators project is the continuation of Application Indicators and System Indicators, two technologies developed by Canonical Ltd. for the Unity7 desktop.
Application Indicators are a GTK implementation of the StatusNotifierItem Specification SNI that was originally submitted to freedesktop.org by KDE.
System Indicators are an extensions to the Application Indicators idea. System Indicators allow for far more widgets to be displayed in the indicator’s menu.
The Ayatana Indicators project is the new upstream for application indicators, system indicators and associated projects with a focus on making Ayatana Indicators a desktop agnostic technology.
On GNU/Linux, Ayatana Indicators are currently available for desktop envinronments like MATE used by default in Ubuntu MATE, XFCE used by default in Xubuntu, LXDE, and the Budgie Desktop.
The Lomiri Operating Environment UI of the Ubuntu Touch OS, formerly known as Unity8 uses Ayatana Indicators for rendering its notification area and the UBports project is a core contributor to the Ayatana Indicators project.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler