- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Virtual note-pad system for your X11 desktop
xpad is a sticky note application written using GTK+ 3.0 that strives to be simple, fault-tolerant, and customizable. xpad consists of independent pad windows; each is basically a text box in which notes can be written. Despite being called xpad, all that is needed to run or compile it is the GTK+ 3.0 libraries. Here is a list of major features in the current xpad current release
- GTK+ 3.0 powered text view.
- Fault tolerant. All information is kept on the hard drive, not memory.
- xpad is very customizable. The color scheme text, background, and window borders and the font can be changed.
- A customizable toolbar puts the most frequently used commands at your fingertips.
- Support for the X session management protocol.
- Support for the www.freedesktop.org system tray proposal.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zorro - Simple to-do list manager
- Znotes - Simple notes managment application based on Qt
- Zim - Desktop wiki editor
- Zanshin - Daily organizer for KDE
- Ydotool - Generic command-line automation tool (no X!)
- Xwrits - Reminds you to take wrist breaks
- Xrolo - Electronic Rolodex
- Xpostitplus - PostIt (R) messages onto your X11 screen
- Xpostit - PostIt (R) messages onto your X11 screen
- Xpad3 - Virtual note-pad system for your X11 desktop
- Xneur - Auto keyboard switcher
- Xmdiary - Personal and group calendar utility
- Xfce4-xkb-plugin - Keyboard layout switching plugin for the Xfce panel
- Xfce4-volumed-pulse - Volume management daemon for Xfce using PulseAudio
- Xfce4-tumbler - Thumbnail service for Xfce desktop