- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Creates redundant backups on encrypted ZFS pools
zogftw makes using multiple geli-encrypted single-vdev ZFS pools for backups more convenient, mainly by automating creation, import and export of such pools and by synchronizing datasets without the user having to manually specify the names of the snapshots that should be sent.
geli passphrases can be stored gpg-encrypted which allows importing several pools in a row without having to specify each passphrase manually.
zogftw is extendable in shell. It can be sourced from other shell scripts or interactive shells.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zxfer - Easily and reliably transfer ZFS filesystems
- Ztop - Display ZFS dataset I/O in real time
- Zsm - ZFS Snapshot Manager
- Zsd - Destroys ZFS snapshots
- Zrepl - ZFS dataset replication tool
- Zrep - ZFS based replication and failover solution
- Zpool-iostat-viz - ZFS pool I/O latency statistics
- Zoxide - Fast cd alternative that learns your habits
- Znapzend - ZFS-centric backup tool
- Zisofs-tools - User utilities for zisofs
- Zidrav - File corruption detection and repair program
- Zfstools - OpenSolaris-compatible auto snapshotting for ZFS
- Zfsnap2 - Portable performant script to make rolling ZFS snapshots easy
- Zfsnap - Simple sh script to make zfs rolling snaphosts with cron
- Zfs-stats - Display human-readable ZFS statistics