May 26, 2018
GNU editing macros
GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable, free/libre text editor. At its core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp programming language with extensions to support text editing.
The features of GNU Emacs include
- content-aware editing modes, including syntax coloring, for many file types
- complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users
- full Unicode support for nearly all human scripts
- powerful customizability, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical interface
- a vast ecosystem of functionality beyond text editing, including a project planner, mail and news reader, debugger interface, calendar, even a psychotherapist, and more
- a packaging system for downloading and installing extensions.