May 26, 2018
Unix system management and proactive monitoring
Monit is a utility for managing and monitoring processes, files, directories, devices and network services on a Unix system. Monit conducts automatic maintenance and repair and can execute meaningful causal actions in error situations.
- Daemon mode - poll services at a specified interval
- Group and manage groups of services, service dependencies
- Logging - syslog or own logfile
- Alert, start, stop and restart of services based on it’s characteristics
- MD5 and SHA1 checksums
- Runtime Unix socket and TCP/IP port checking TCP and UDP
- Process status, timeout, memory and cpu usage, etc.
- Device usage monitoring inodes and space
- File monitoring timestamp, checksum, permission, owner, etc.
- Directory monitoring timestamp, permission, owner, etc.
- Remote network services monitoring ping, response time, protocol, etc.
- System load average monitoring
- Flexible and customizable email alert messages and notifications
- Protocol verification such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, NNTP, NTP, etc.
- A HTTP interface with XML output option and many more features