May 26, 2018
Python co-routine networking library based on greenlet
gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library that uses greenlet to provide a high-level synchronous API on top of the libevent event loop.
- Fast event loop based on libevent epoll on Linux, kqueue on FreeBSD.
- Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
- API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library for example there are Events and Queues.
- Cooperative sockets with SSL support.
- DNS queries performed through libevent-dns.
- Monkey patching utility to get 3rd party modules to become cooperative.
- Fast WSGI server based on libevent-http
gevent is inspired by eventlet but features more consistent API, simpler implementation and better performance. Read why others use gevent and check out the list of the open source projects based on gevent.
WWW http//www.gevent.org/ WWW https//pypi.org/project/gevent/