May 26, 2018
Enthought application tools
The apptools project includes a set of packages that Enthought has found useful in creating a number of applications.
- apptools.appscripting Framework for scripting applications.
- apptools.help Provides a plugin for displaying documents and examples.
- apptools.io Provides an abstraction for files and folders in a file system.
- apptools.logger Convenience functions for creating logging handlers
- apptools.naming Manages naming contexts, supporting non-string data types and scoped preferences
- apptools.permissions Supports limiting access to parts of an application unless the user is appropriately authorised not full-blown security.
- apptools.persistence Supports pickling and restoring the state of an object.
- apptools.preferences Manages application preferences.
- apptools.selection Manages the communication between providers and listener of selected items in an application.
- apptools.scripting A framework for automatic recording of Python scripts.
- apptools.sweet_pickle Handles class-level versioning, to support loading of saved data that exist over several generations of internal class structures.
- apptools.template Supports creating templatizable object hierarchies.
- apptools.type_manager Manages type extensions, including factories to generate adapters, and hooks for methods and functions.
- apptools.undo Supports undoing and scripting application commands.