- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Replaces random number generation with non-random number generation
This perhaps ridiculous-seeming module was created to test routines that manipulate random numbers by providing a known output from rand. Given a list of seeds with srand, it will return each in turn. After seeded random numbers are exhausted, it will always return 0. Seed numbers must be of a form that meets the expected output from rand as called with no arguments – i.e. they must be between 0 inclusive and 1 exclusive. In order to facilitate generating and testing a nearly-one number, this module exports the function oneish, which returns a number just fractionally less than one.
Depending on how this module is called with use, it will export rand to a specified package e.g. a class being tested effectively overriding and intercepting calls in that package to the built-in rand. It can also override rand in the current package or even globally. In all of these cases, it also exports srand and oneish to the current package in order to control the output of rand.
Alternatively, this module can be used to generate objects, with each object maintaining its own distinct seed array.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler