- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Jul 20, 2023
Generic stack unwinding library
The primary goal of this project is to define a portable and efficient C programming interface API to determine the call-chain of a program. The API additionally provides the means to manipulate the preserved callee-saved state of each call-frame and to resume execution at any point in the call-chain non-local goto. The API supports both local same-process and remote across-process operation. As such, the API is useful in a number of applications. Some examples include
- exception handling The libunwind API makes it trivial to implement the stack-manipulation aspects of exception handling.
- debuggers The libunwind API makes it trivial for debuggers to generate the call-chain backtrace of the threads in a running program.
- introspection It is often useful for a running thread to determine its call-chain. For example, this is useful to display error messages to show how the error came about and for performance monitoring/analysis.
- efficient setjmp With libunwind, it is possible to implement an extremely efficient version of setjmp. Effectively, the only context that needs to be saved consists of the stack-pointers.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler