- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
GeoHashTree library for storing and accessing multi-dimensional point clouds
A file format and library for storing and rapidly accessing point cloud data, in particular LIDAR data.
GeoHashTree organizes points into a tree structure for fast spatial access. The tree structure itself encodes the significant bits of at each node, so child nodes can omit them. The result is a smaller file than if all the points were stored with full precision. Each node includes statistical information about the children below e.g. average/median Z value permitting fast overview generation. Additional attributes are attached to the tree at parent nodes, below which all children share the attribute value. This reduces duplicate data storage further.
The advantage of a GeoHashTree file over a LAS file is fast access and filtering, since the tree encodes useful information at each node to speed searches over the full set of points in the file. LASZ zipped files can be smaller, but will be less efficient at overviews, searching and sub-setting. GHT is a good working format for applications that will be filtering and querying large sets of LIDAR data.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler