May 26, 2018
Fork of OpenWatcom x86 assembler with AMD64 support
JWasm is a MASM v6 compatible assembler. It’s a fork of Open Watcom’s WASM and released under the Sybase Open Watcom Public License, which allows free commercial and non-commercial use. JWasm is written in C, source code is open.
- JWasm natively supports output formats Intel OMF, MS Coff 32- and 64-bit, Elf 32- and 64-bit, Bin and DOS MZ.
- precompiled JWasm binaries are available for DOS, Windows and Linux. For OS/2 and FreeBSD, makefiles are supplied.
- Instructions up to SSSE3 are supported.
- The JWasm source is portable and has successfully been tested with Open Watcom, MS VC, GCC and more.
- As far as programming for Windows is concerned, JWasm can be used with both Win32Inc and Masm32.
- C header files can be converted to include files for JWasm with h2incX.