- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Generates perfect hash functions for sets of keywords
While teaching a data structures course at University of California, Irvine, I developed a program called GPERF that generates perfect hash functions for sets of key words. A perfect hash function is simply
A hash function and a data structure that allows recognition of a key word in a set of words using exactly 1 probe into the data structure.
The gperf.texinfo file explains how the program works, the form of the input, what options are available, and hints on choosing the best options for particular key word sets. The texinfo file is readable both via the GNU emacs `info’ command, and is also suitable for typesetting with TeX.
The enclosed Makefile creates the executable program ``gperf’’ and also runs some tests.
Output from the GPERF program is used to recognize reserved words in the GNU C, GNU C++, and GNU Pascal compilers, as well as with the GNU indent program.
LICENSE GPLv3 or later
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler