May 26, 2018
Distributed Multi-User Compilation System (for use with distcc)
DMUCS is a system that allows a group of users to share a compilation farm. Each compilation request from each user will be sent to the fastest available machine, every time. The system has these fine qualities
- Supports multiple users compiling simultaneously, and scales well to handle the new loads.
- Supports multiple operating systems in the compilation farm.
- Uses all processors of a multi-processor compilation host.
- Makes best use of compilation hosts with widely differing CPU speeds.
- Guarantees that a compilation host will not be overloaded by compilations.
- Takes into account the load on a host caused by non-compilation tasks.
- Supports the dynamic addition and removal of hosts to the compilation farm.
- Works with distcc, which need not be altered in any way.