- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Straightforward implementation of DBM
Kyoto Cabinet is a library of routines for managing a database. The database is a simple data file containing records, each is a pair of a key and a value. Every key and value is serial bytes with variable length. Both binary data and character string can be used as a key and a value. Each key must be unique within a database. There is neither concept of data tables nor data types. Records are organized in hash table or B+ tree.
Kyoto Cabinet runs very fast. For example, elapsed time to store one million records is 0.9 seconds for hash database, and 1.1 seconds for B+ tree database. Moreover, the size of database of Kyoto Cabinet is very small. For example, overhead for a record is 16 bytes for hash database, and 4 bytes for B+ tree database. Furthermore, scalability of Kyoto Cabinet is great. The database size can be up to 8EB 9.22e18 bytes.
Kyoto Cabinet is written in the C++ language, and provided as API of C++, C, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, and Lua. Kyoto Cabinet is available on platforms which have API conforming to C++03 with the TR1 library extensions. Kyoto Cabinet is a free software licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zodb3 - Z - Object Database for python
- Zodb - Python object-oriented database
- Zabbix22-libzbxpgsql - Zabbix agent module for comprehensive monitoring of PostgreSQL servers
- Xtrabackup8 - Open-source backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB
- Xtrabackup - OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona extensions
- Xrootd - Framework for fast, low latency, scalable data access
- Xls2txt - Utilities to convert spreadsheet files to text and csv formats
- Xapian-core12 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core10 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-bindings12 - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Xapian-bindings - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Wfb2sql - CIA World Fact Book to SQL Conversion Utility
- Webdis - HTTP interface for Redis
- Vsqlite - Well designed and portable SQLite3 Wrapper for C++