- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Fast lookup database library & utilities
cdb is a fast, reliable, lightweight package for creating and reading constant databases. Its database structure provides several features
- Fast lookups A successful lookup in a large database normally takes just two disk accesses. An unsuccessful lookup takes only one.
- Low overhead A database uses 2048 bytes, plus 24 bytes per record, plus the space for keys and data.
- No random limits cdb can handle any database up to 4 gigabytes. There are no other restrictions; records don’t even have to fit into memory. Databases are stored in a machine-independent format.
- Fast atomic database replacement cdbmake can rewrite an entire database two orders of magnitude faster than other hashing packages.
- Fast database dumps cdbdump prints the contents of a database in cdbmake-compatible format.
cdb is designed to be used in mission-critical applications like e-mail. Database replacement is safe against system crashes. Readers don’t have to pause during a rewrite.
Note for developers packages that need to read cdb files should incorporate the necessary portions of the cdb library rather than relying on an external cdb library. See WWW
Checkout these related ports:
- Zodb3 - Z - Object Database for python
- Zodb - Python object-oriented database
- Zabbix22-libzbxpgsql - Zabbix agent module for comprehensive monitoring of PostgreSQL servers
- Xtrabackup8 - Open-source backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB
- Xtrabackup - OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona extensions
- Xrootd - Framework for fast, low latency, scalable data access
- Xls2txt - Utilities to convert spreadsheet files to text and csv formats
- Xapian-core12 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core10 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-bindings12 - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Xapian-bindings - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Wfb2sql - CIA World Fact Book to SQL Conversion Utility
- Webdis - HTTP interface for Redis
- Vsqlite - Well designed and portable SQLite3 Wrapper for C++