dvdrip is a Command Line Tool to make a copy from a Video DVD for private Use.
It automates the process of Ripping, Authoring, Preview and Burning of a DVD.
- Automatic Selection of the longest Title
- Automatic Calculation of Factor to Requant
- Automatic Read of Volume-ID
- Automatic Chapter Separation from Original
- Ripping of Audiotracks in every Language
- Selection of dts-Audiotracks as Default
- Selection of two Subpicture-Tracks possible
- Ripping and Re-Authoring
- Preview of VOB-Files with mplayer or xine
- Burning with growisofs or cdrecord-prodvd
- All Program Parameters could be stored in a Config File as Program Defaults
- All Paramaters can be overwritten on the fly at the Command Line
- Program with english, french or german Messages
- Rip of Subpicture-Tracks
- Copy DVD < 4.7 GB with Menus; > 4.7 GB with vamps, without Menus.
- Partial Copy: Copy selected Titles from a DVD (dvdunauthor/vamps)
- High Quality Backup (1 DVD9 => 2 DVD5)
- DVD with Menus for Title-, Audio- and Chapter Selection (dvdwizard)