May 26, 2018
Python wrapper for HTML Tidy (tidylib)
PyTidyLib is a Python package that wraps the HTML Tidy library. This allows you, from Python code, to “fix” invalid XHTML markup. Some of the library’s many capabilities include
- Clean up unclosed tags and unescaped characters such as ampersands
- Output HTML 4 or XHTML, strict or transitional, and add missing doctypes
- Convert named entities to numeric entities, which can then be used in XML documents without an HTML doctype.
- Clean up HTML from programs such as Word to an extent
- Indent the output, including proper i.e. no indenting for pre elements, which some XHTML indenting code overlooks.