May 26, 2018
Convert XML into JSON (and back again) using XML::LibXML
XMLXML2JSON is a Perl module to convert XML to JSON and JSON to XML using the following rules from Google http//code.google.com/apis/gdata/json.html
- The feed is represented as a JSON object; each nested element or attribute is represented as a name/value property of the object.
- Attributes are converted to String properties.
- Child elements are converted to Object properties.
- Elements that may appear more than once are converted to Array properties.
- Text values of tags are converted to $t properties.
- If an element has a namespace alias, the alias and element are concatenated using “$”. For example, nselement becomes ns$element.
- XML version and encoding attributes are converted to version and encoding attributes of the root element, respectively.