May 26, 2018
OS Login Guest Environment for Google Compute Engine
This package enables Google Cloud OS Login features on Google Compute Engine instances. The OS Login package has the following components
- Authorized Keys Command to fetch SSH keys from the user’s OS Login profile and make them available to sshd.
- NSS Module provides support for making OS Login user and group information available to the system, using NSS Name Service Switch functionality.
- PAM Module provides authorization and authentication support allowing the system to use data stored in Google Cloud IAM permissions to control both, the ability to log into an instance, and to perform operations as root sudo.
- Utils provides common code to support the components listed above.
In addition to the main components, there are also utilities for packaging and installing these components
- bin contains a shell script for deactivating the package components.