May 26, 2018
SSH server auditing
ssh-audit is a tool for ssh server auditing.
- SSH1 and SSH2 protocol server support;
- grab banner, recognize device or software and operating system, detect compression;
- gather key-exchange, host-key, encryption and message authentication code algorithms;
- output algorithm information available since, removed/disabled, unsafe/weak/legacy, etc;
- output algorithm recommendations append or remove based on recognized software version;
- output security information related issues, assigned CVE list, etc;
- analyze SSH version compatibility based on algorithm information;
- historical information from OpenSSH, Dropbear SSH and libssh;
- no dependencies, compatible with Python 2.6+, Python 3.x and PyPy.