May 26, 2018
Script to update snort-2.8+ rules
pulledpork is a Perl script which helps to update your Snort 2.9+ rules.
-= Features and Capabilities =-
- Automated downloading, parsing, state modification and rule modification for all of your snort rulesets.
- Checksum verification for all major rule downloads
- Automatic generation of updated sid-msg.map file
- Capability to include your local.rules in sid-msg.map file
- Capability to pull rules tarballs from custom urls
- Complete Shared Object support
- Complete IP Reputation List support
- Capability to download multiple disparate rulesets at once
- Maintains accurate changelog
- Capability to HUP processes after rules download
- Aids in tuning of rulesets
- Verbose output so that you know EXACTLY what is happening
- Minimal Perl Module dependencies
- A sweet smokey flavor throughout the pork!