May 26, 2018
HTML to PostScript converter
- Much from HTML 4.0 - that is relevant for printing - is supported incidentally, the PostScript and PDF versions of the HTML 4.0 draft, were generated using html2ps. For example, all character entities except , , , and are supported.
- Many possibilities to control the appearance. Starting with this version, this is mostly done using configuration files.
- Support for processing multiple documents, also automatically by recursively following links.
- A table of contents can be generated, either from the links in a document, or automatically from document headings.
- Configurable page headers/footers, that for example can contain document title, URL, page number, current heading, and date.
- When converting the PostScript document to PDF - using some other program such as version 5.0 or later of Aladdin Ghostscript, or Adobe Acrobat Distiller - the original hyperlinks in the HTML documents will be retained in the PDF document.
- Automatic hyphenation and text justification can be selected.