May 26, 2018
Command line MPEG audio/video/system file toolbox
mpgtx was designed with the good old Unix philosophy in mind do few but do it well and provide end user an austary yet powerfull command line interface.
- mpgtx can currently split and join MPEG 1 video files and most MPEG audio files.
- mpgtx can fetch detailed informations from MPEG 1 and MPEG 2.
- mpgtx can demultiplex MPEG 1 and MPEG 2 files System layer, Program layer and Transport Layer.
- mpgtx can add, remove and edit ID3 tags from mp3 files and rename mp3 files according to their ID3 tags.
- DivX ; is not yet supported, neither is MPEG 4
- splitting and joining of MPEG 2 video files is experimental. read “will work only in your wildest dreams”