May 26, 2018
Modification of the classical Freedroid engine into an RPG
The Freedroid RPG is an extension/modification of the classical Freedroid engine into an RPG. The main differences to the classical version are as follows
- The Tux is the main character of the rpg.
- The game uses isometric viewpoint and animated pre-rendered 3d character models for all characters inside the game.
- Dialogs and chatting with friendly droids and humans Multiple-choice menus and voice samples with subtitles for those without sound.
- There is an item and inventory system that is modeled after some popular standards of the industry
- An automap feature was added. this is currently a bit unmaintained since part of the code needs to be re-written for proper OpenGL support in the automap display
- Saving and loading of games.
- Shops to trade things and skills to learn.
- Controls are different Mouse is the input method of choice.
- This is a graphically intense game. Therefore the archive size is comparably huge and not suitable for modem downloads with a dialup connection.