May 26, 2018
Bindings to the ICU library
Haskell bindings to the International Components for Unicode ICU libraries. These libraries provide robust and full-featured Unicode services on a wide variety of platforms.
- Both pure and impure bindings, to allow for fine control over efficiency and ease of use.
- Breaking of strings on character, word, sentence, and line boundaries.
- Access to the Unicode Character Database UCD of character metadata.
- String collation functions, for locales where the conventions for lexicographic ordering differ from the simple numeric ordering of character codes.
- Character set conversion functions, allowing conversion between Unicode and over 220 character encodings.
- Unicode normalization. When implementations keep strings in a normalized form, they can be assured that equivalent strings have a unique binary representation.
- Regular expression search and replace.