- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
CVS pserver daemon
cvsd is a wrapper program for cvs in pserver mode. It will run ‘cvs pserver’ under a special uid/gid in a chroot jail.
cvsd is run as a daemon and is controlled through a configuration file. It is relatively easy to configure and tools are provided for easily setting up a rootjail.
This server can be useful if you want to run a public cvs pserver. You should however be aware of the security limitations of running a cvs pserver. If you want any kind of authentication you should really consider using secure shell as a secure authentication mechanism and transport. Passwords used in cvs pserver are transmitted in plaintext and this wrapper won’t change that.
This server adds a layer of security to cvs. cvs is a very powerful tool and is capable of running scripts and other things. By running cvs in a rootjail it is possible to limit the amount of “damage” cvs can do if it is exploited. It is generally a good idea to run cvsd without any write permissions to any directory on the system.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zziplib - Library to provide transparent read access to zipped files
- Zydis - Fast and lightweight x86/x86-64 disassembler library
- Zycore-c - Support library with platform independent types, macros, etc for Zydis
- Zthread - Platform-independent object-oriented C++ threading library
- Zookeeper - Coordination Service for Distributed Applications
- Zls - Zig LSP implementation + Zig Language Server
- Zfp - High throughput library for compressed floating-point arrays
- Zeal - Offline documentation browser
- Zapcc - C++ caching compiler based on clang
- Zanata-platform - Web-based translation platform
- Zanata-cli - Zanata Java command line client
- Z88dk - Complete Z80/Z180 development kit
- Z80ex - ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator library
- Z80asm - Assembler for the Z80 microprocessor
- Z80-asm - Z80 assembly code assembler and disassembler