May 26, 2018
NoSQL database running in a Lua application server
Tarantool is an in-memory database and application server.
Key features of the application server
- 100 compatible drop-in replacement for Lua 5.1, based on LuaJIT 2.1. Simply use #!/usr/bin/tarantool instead of #!/usr/bin/lua in your script.
- full support for Lua modules and a rich set of own modules, including cooperative multitasking, non-blocking I/O, access to external databases, etc
Key features of the database
- MsgPack data format and MsgPack based client-server protocol
- two data engines 100 in-memory with optional persistence and a 2-level disk-based B-tree, to use with large data sets
- multiple index types HASH, TREE, RTREE, BITSET
- asynchronous master-master replication
- authentication and access control
- the database is just a C extension to the app server and can be turned off