- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students, undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In 1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG. Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the support mailing list questions@PostgreSQL.ORG.
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zodb3 - Z - Object Database for python
- Zodb - Python object-oriented database
- Zabbix22-libzbxpgsql - Zabbix agent module for comprehensive monitoring of PostgreSQL servers
- Xtrabackup8 - Open-source backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB
- Xtrabackup - OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona extensions
- Xrootd - Framework for fast, low latency, scalable data access
- Xls2txt - Utilities to convert spreadsheet files to text and csv formats
- Xapian-core12 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core10 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-bindings12 - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Xapian-bindings - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Wfb2sql - CIA World Fact Book to SQL Conversion Utility
- Webdis - HTTP interface for Redis
- Vsqlite - Well designed and portable SQLite3 Wrapper for C++