- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Viewer and editor for multiple sequence alignments
Jalview is a multiple alignment editor written in Java. It is used widely in a variety of web pages e.g. the EBI Clustalw server and the Pfam protein domain database and is also available as a general purpose alignment editor.
o Reads and writes alignments in a variety of formats o Gaps can be inserted/deleted using the mouse. o Group editing insertion deletion of gaps in groups of sequences. o Removal of gapped columns. o Align sequences using Web Services Clustal, Muscle… o Amino acid conservation analysis similar to that of AMAS. o Alignment sorting options by name, tree order, percent identity, group. o UPGMA and NJ trees calculated and drawn based on percent identity distances. o Sequence clustering using principal component analysis. o Removal of redundant sequences. o Smith Waterman pairwise alignment of selected sequences. o Web based secondary structure prediction programs JNet. o User predefined or custom colour schemes to colour alignments or groups. o Sequence feature retrieval and display on the alignment. o Print your alignment with colours and annotations. o Output alignments as HTML pages, images PNG or postscript EPS.
Checkout these related ports:
- Wise - Intelligent algorithms for DNA searches
- Wfa2-lib - Exact gap-affine algorithm using homology to accelerate alignment
- Vt - Discovers short variants from Next Generation Sequencing data
- Vsearch - Versatile open-source tool for metagenomics
- Viennarna - Alignment tools for the structural analysis of RNA
- Velvet - Sequence assembler for very short reads
- Vcftools - Tools for working with VCF genomics files
- Vcflib - C++ library and CLI tools for parsing and manipulating VCF files
- Vcf2hap - Generate .hap file from VCF for haplohseq
- Vcf-split - Split a multi-sample VCF into single-sample VCFs
- Unikmer - Toolkit for nucleic acid k-mer analysis, set operations on k-mers
- Unanimity - Pacific Biosciences consensus library and applications
- Ugene - Integrated bioinformatics toolkit
- Ucsc-userapps - Command line tools from the UCSC Genome Browser project
- Trimmomatic - Flexible read trimming tool for Illumina NGS data