- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Program for MPEG audio stream validation
MP3val is a small, high-speed, free software tool for checking MPEG audio files’ integrity. It can be useful for finding corrupted files e.g. incompletely downloaded, truncated, containing garbage. MP3val is also able to fix most of the problems. Being a multiplatform application, MP3val can be runned both under Windows and under Linux or BSD.
The most common MPEG audio file type is MPEG 1 Layer III mp3, but MP3val supports also other MPEG versions and layers. The tool is also aware of the most common types of tags ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2.
The core component of MP3val is an application with command-line interface. There are also two graphical frontends for it MP3val-frontend is a native Windows application it is also included in the latest binary releases for Windows, mp3valgui is a multi-platform Python script can be downloaded separately, written by an independent developer. Installing the latter under Windows is a bit tricky, so for Windows the first frontend is recommended.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zynaddsubfx - Realtime software synthesizer
- Zrythm - Modern music production system, also known as DAW
- Zplugins-lv2 - Collection of LV2 plugins to be bundled with Zrythm
- Zmusic - GZDoom's music system as a standalone library
- Zita-rev1 - Reworked version of the reverb originally developed for Aeolus
- Zita-resampler - C++ library for resampling audio signals
- Zita-njbridge - Command line client to transmit audio over a local IP network
- Zita-mu1 - Simple Jack app used to organise stereo monitoring
- Zita-jclient - Library to create a Jack client with a few lines of C++
- Zita-dpl1 - Look-ahead digital peak level limiter
- Zita-convolver - Fast, partitioned convolution engine library
- Zita-bls1 - Blumlein Shuffler converter of binaural signals to stereo speaker pair
- Zita-at1 - Autotuner Jack application
- Zita-alsa-pcmi - Easy access to ALSA PCM devices
- Zinf - GTK-based MP3 player