May 26, 2018
Simple Ogg API
Oggz provides a simple programming interface for reading and writing Ogg files and streams. Ogg is an interleaving data container developed by Monty at Xiph.Org, originally to support the Ogg Vorbis audio format.
liboggz supports the flexibility afforded by the Ogg file format while presenting the following API niceties
- Strict adherence to the formatting requirements of Ogg bitstreams, to ensure that only valid bitstreams are generated
- A simple, callback based open/read/close or open/write/close interface to raw Ogg files
- A customisable seeking abstraction for seeking on multitrack Ogg data
- A packet queue for feeding incoming packets for writing, with callback based notification when this queue is empty
- A means of overriding the IO functions used by Oggz, for easier integration with media frameworks and similar systems.
- A handy table structure for storing information on each logical bitstream