May 26, 2018
Cantata is a QT graphical client for MPD with the following features
- Multiple MPD collections.
- Highly customisable layout.
- Songs grouped by album in play queue.
- Context view to show artist, album, and song information of current track.
- Simple tag editor.
- File organizer - use tags to organize files and folders.
- Ability to calculate ReplyGain tags.
- Dynamic playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts.
- Radio stream support - search for streams via TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
- USB-Mass-Storage and MTP device support.
- Audio CD ripping and playback.
- Playback of non-MPD songs - via simple in-built HTTP server if connected to MPD via a standard socket, otherwise filepath is sent to MPD.
- MPRISv2 DBUS interface.
- Supports KDE global shortcuts, GNOME media keys, standard media keys via Qxt.
- Ubuntu/ambiance theme integration - including dragging of window via toolbar.
- Basic support for touch-style interface views are made ‘flickable’
- Ratings support.