- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Shows which portion of the Earth’s surface is illuminated by the Sun
Sunclock is an X11 application that displays a map of the Earth and shows the illuminated portion of the globe. In addition to providing local time for the default timezone, it also displays GMT time, legal and solar time of major cities, their latitude and longitude, the mutual distances of arbitrary locations on Earth, the position at zenith of Sun and Moon. Sunclock can display meridians, parallels, tropics and arctic circles. It has builtin functions that accelerate the speed of time and show the evolution of seasons. Sunclock can be internationalized for various western languages. It is possible to customize the app-default file and enter additional city entries.
Sunclock can commute between two states, the “clock window” and the “map window”. The clock window displays a small map of the Earth and therefore occupies little space on the screen, while the “map window” displays a large map and offers more advanced functions. The Sunclock package includes a resizable and zoomable vector map. External Earth maps can also be loaded.
Checkout these related ports:
- Xworld - Earth as seen from the direction of the sun
- Xtide - Harmonic tide clock and tide predictor
- Xplanet - Draw pictures of the earth textured by an image
- Xphoon - Set the root window to the moon in its current phase
- Xmoontool - Version of John Walker's classical moontool for X11/Motif
- Xephem - Interactive astronomical ephemeris program
- Xeartk - Small demo for tkgeomap
- Xearth - Set the root window to the image of earth
- Wmsun - Dockapp that displays the rise and set times of the Sun
- Wmspaceweather - DockApp that shows the weather at geosynchronous orbit
- Wmsolar - Dockapp that displays the Solar System viewed from the top
- Wmmoonclock - Displays the phase of the moon, plus orbital data
- Wmjupiter - Dockapp that displays information on Jupiter
- Wmglobe - Neat xearth-like WindowMaker dockapp
- Weather - Utility to provide current weather conditions and forecasts