- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Parse METAR-coded weather reports
Metar is a python package for interpreting METAR and SPECI weather reports.
This module extracts the data recorded in the main-body groups of reports that follow the WMO spec or the US conventions, except for the runway state and trend groups, which are parsed but ignored. The most useful remark groups defined in the US spec are parsed, as well, such as the cumulative precipitation, min/max temperature, peak wind and sea-level pressure groups. No other regional conventions are formally supported, but a large number of variant formats found in international reports are accepted.
Checkout these related ports:
- Xworld - Earth as seen from the direction of the sun
- Xtide - Harmonic tide clock and tide predictor
- Xplanet - Draw pictures of the earth textured by an image
- Xphoon - Set the root window to the moon in its current phase
- Xmoontool - Version of John Walker's classical moontool for X11/Motif
- Xephem - Interactive astronomical ephemeris program
- Xeartk - Small demo for tkgeomap
- Xearth - Set the root window to the image of earth
- Wmsun - Dockapp that displays the rise and set times of the Sun
- Wmspaceweather - DockApp that shows the weather at geosynchronous orbit
- Wmsolar - Dockapp that displays the Solar System viewed from the top
- Wmmoonclock - Displays the phase of the moon, plus orbital data
- Wmjupiter - Dockapp that displays information on Jupiter
- Wmglobe - Neat xearth-like WindowMaker dockapp
- Weather - Utility to provide current weather conditions and forecasts