- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Simple binary file format for storing arbitrary meta and user data
A simple binary file format for storing arbitrary meta and user data.
A meta archive uses a simple binary file format to store both meta and user data together in a single file. A mar file may be suitable in situations where a full-scale database is not. Both the mar library and the accompanying utility are written in C with the intention of porting to many platforms.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zutils - Utilities for searching in bzip2, gzip, lzip, and xz archives
- Zstr - C++ header-only ZLib wrapper
- Zstd - Fast real-time compression algorithm
- Zpaqfranz - Swiss army knife for the serious backup manager
- Zopfli - Zopfli Compression Algorithm
- Zoo - Manipulate archives of files in compressed form
- Zlib-ng - Fork of the zlib data compression library
- Zipper - Tool for inspecting the contents of a compressed archive
- Zipmix - Produce .ZIP file from two other ones with the best compressed files
- Zip - Create/update ZIP files compatible with PKZIP
- Zchunk - Compressed file format that splits the file into independent chunks
- Xpk - The eXternal PacKer (XPK) library system
- Xmill - Efficient compressor for XML
- Xdms - Tool for decompressing Amiga DMS files
- Xarchiver - Desktop-agnostic GTK frontend to various archiving tools