yencode is an encoder/decoder package for the Usenet yEnc encoding format.
The source code is freely available under the GNU General Public License and
should work on most modern Unix-like operating systems.
– Full internationalization (multilingual) support provided by GNU gettext.
– Encoder can output single part or multipart encoded archives of any size.
– Smart decoder can handle multiple files, including files specified out of
order or with nonsense file names.
– Included Usenet posting software posts files to Usenet quickly and
easily, including automatic creation of encoded multipart archives and
SFV/CRC checksum files, if desired.
– Optional scan mode: automatically locate and decode single or multipart
encoded archives in specified directories or recursively.
– Supports SFV file creation for multiple-file archives.
– Fully compliant with the current yEnc specifications.